Changing Task-Status via API (make.com)

Hello everyone, I would like to automate the status change of selected tasks via the Awork API and Make.com. However, I don’t quite understand the structure here and how to configure the request.

• Example from the awork api documentation

#_abgefragter_task_infos_get

• existing infos about the task status i get from the api call „v1/me/projecttasks“

• one of the configurations i tried (api-call: v1/tasks/changestatuses)

• the error i get

can someone please explain how to can change a taskstatus with the api?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Tim

Hi Tim, it looks like you are missing quotes around the Guid values, can you try that?

Hey Nils, you’re right. I just quickly put it together as an example. The request works, it goes through (HTTP 204)… just like yesterday. However, the status doesn’t change and I don’t understand how to change the status if there’s no parameter for it. I mean, I want to set a task to ‚Open‘ or ‚Closed‘. How do I do that now? Could you perhaps provide an example for the body and the URL for closing a task and for opening a task? Thanks!

You are doing everything right, you just need to use a statusId of a task status which is open or closed, this in depending on your configuration in your awork. you can get the task statuses for a project by making a call to awork API
GET [/projects/{projectId}/taskstatuses]
and then use the right statusId in the POST to changeStatuses