TaskStatus for new Project Tasks (Zapier)

Hello everyone,
in awork every client have a specific project. Now i wanted to create an automation with Zapier that if they fill our form to order something, that the zap create a new project task in their specific project.

Unfortunately „Task Status“ is a required field which only works with IDs in the same project. Is there a way, i can get a taskStatusId for „To do“? Otherwhise the Zap only works for this one project i am testing with. As soon as someone else order something, the ProjectTask cant be created because the TaskStatusId isnt permitted to be in this other project.

The TaskStatus just have to be „to do“ there is no other status i need. I also dont have any possibility to get any taskstatus IDs. I only get ProjectID or the taskstatus ID from the first tast in this project, but thats „done“.

I hope you understand my problem.

Hi @gustav.klaus, unfortunately the task status id is required. You would have to fetch it for the specific project first. There should be an option in Zapier to make a custom API request. The endpoint /projects/{projectId}/taskstatuses should provide what you need. For more details, take a look at the API documentation: awork API

For anyone wondering how i fixed it: first i searched the project by its name (here can be values from a form too), then i made the API Request (surely here is some potential to do it better, but in this way its also works fine), and then i made a „Loop From Text“.

Thats what i entered in the Looping by Zapier:

Then i set a filter to only continue if the „Response Data Name“ is „To Do“. With this i was able to take the Response Data ID from „To Do“ and put it into „Task status“.

Voilá:

Now, anyone can fill our form and we get directly a task into their projects!

here are the steps i made:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Thanks for sharing your solution!